- Completed application for undergraduate admission by December 1.
- Essay addressing all of the following in 800 words or less, with significant emphasis on the third point, by December 1.
- Explain why you wish to attend the University of Miami.
- Describe how receiving the George W. Jenkins Scholarship would impact your life.
- Describe any special circumstances, specifically any history of overcoming significant adversity.
- CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE by December 1.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 1.
If any required materials are missing, students may not be eligible for scholarship consideration.
How to Submit:
The nomination form and essay can be submitted online or by mail.
If you wish to mail it, please send to:
University of Miami
George W. Jenkins Scholarship Committee
P.O. Box 248025
Coral Gables, Florida 33124-4616
Terms and Conditions
Recipients of these scholarships will be known as George W. Jenkins Scholars. The scholarship is subject to revision pending receipt of any grant, scholarship or prepaid tuition and/or housing aid not anticipated at the time the award is made. In order for the scholarship to be renewed, recipients must complete 12 credit hours per semester and maintain a 3.0 GPA at the University of Miami.
Office of Undergraduate Admission
Office of Academic Enhancement